The Charitable Institute for Protecting Social Victims is a non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization founded in 1999 and in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC).
The institute is hosting and controling the rehabilitation center for chronic mental patients called “Ehsan House”. In Ehsan House, different services such as supplying humanitarian aids, assisting damaged people with mental diseases, residential care, and overnight care of chronic mental patients are provided. During the last years, the institute has hosted more than 14 thousand patients who have been released after getting the required treatments. Currently we are hosting 482 mental patients, 360 men and 122 women. The philosophy ‘Our sky is as blue as yours’ conveys the message of dignity and support for the mentally ill people.
- protect and promote human dignity, and give the vulnerable mental patients identification in order to rehabilitate them
- Move towards poverty eradication and spread social justice in vulnerable groups
- Develop a culture of partnership and create a sense of empathy and social responsibility
- Reduce the social harm
- Preventing the spread of mental illnesses in society by using its training abilities, media, and other NGOs in all over Tehran.
- Providing services and medical supports for the patients and treating them in different ways
- Rehabilitation of the improved patients who try to get back to the society
- Building a dormitory and bringing some patients back to the society with living together and dealing with their routine.